Our Mission Statement
Heartland Community Church exists to serve the spiritual needs of the people in the Clinton area.
To Fulfil Our Purpose:
- We provide a comfortable atmosphere of acceptance for everyone and meet needs as we are able.
- We invite people to establish a personal relationship with Jesus Christ.
- We provide opportunities for Christ-centered worship and Biblical learning.
- We help people develop their God-given abilities to serve Christ.
- We develop leaders who follow the example of Christ in character, service and outreach.
- The Bible is God’s inspired word. It is authoritative in all matters of faith and practice.
- There is only one true God, the creator of everything that exists. God eternally exists as three-in-one: Father, Son and Holy Spirit.
- Adam and Eve, the first human beings, were created in the image of God to fellowship with God and give Him glory. Sadly, Adam and Eve chose their own independent way and disobeyed God. All of creation has been affected by this “fall of man”. Every person ever born has also resisted God’s will, and for this sin, deserves God’s judgement.
- Jesus Christ is the Lord, God given in the form of human flesh, born of the virgin, Mary. Jesus was totally sinless in His life so that He could die as a substitute for us sinners. He arose from the dead and ascended into heaven. He will return for those who have accepted His free gift of salvation.
Why We Believe God’s Word:
- Therefore just as sin entered the world through one man, and death through sin, and in this way death came to all men, because all sinned. — Romans 5:12 (NIV)
- For God so loved the world that He gave His one and only Son, that whoever believes in Him shall not perish but have eternal life. For God did not send His Son into the world to condemn the world, but to save the world through Him. Whoever believes in Him is not condemned, but whoever does not believe stands condemned already because he has not believed in the name of God’s one and only Son. — John 3:16-18 (NIV)
- For Christ also suffered once for sins, the righteous for the unrighteous, to bring you to God. — 1 Peter3:18 (NIV)
- For it is by grace you have been saved, through faith—and this is not from yourselves, it is the gift of God, not by works, so that no one can boast. — Ephesians 2:8-9 (NIV)
EVANGELICAL MISSIONARY CHURCH OF CANADA
Heartland Community Church is affiliated with EMCC. For more information check out https://www.emcc.ca/
Charles Gingerich has been in pastoral ministry since 1987. After graduating from Emmanuel Bible College, he pastored churches in Stayner, Angus, Killaloe/Augsburg, Lion’s Head, and Port Franks, Ontario. He has also driven truck and done mechanical work during that time. In 2007, he published a book detailing the history of Bethel Missionary Church in Lion’s Head.
In May 2013 he became interim pastor at Heartland Community Church. In January 2014, he accepted the position of permanent pastor at Heartland. Here he teaches the Bible and works with other elders in congregational care. At the same time, he operates a small cash crop farm near Zurich.
He and his wife, Lois, were married in 1983 and have three children.